Thursday, August 25, 2011

My year to remember!


I was going to write this later on in the week but under the circumtances I might not be able to get it all out. Friday will be one year my life changed forever. I've changed so much in the last year. In the last year I've almost died, lost my eye sight, had my first time flying on a helicopter no less, first hospital stay, first surgery, lost my life (metaphorically speaking), feel in love, lost some friends, but gained some of the best I could ever ask for, gained a whole new family( who I adore tremendously), lost 2 of the most important people of my life and I've gotten back in church, found my way. So that's a lot for one person to go through in one year.

I've changed so much in just a year. I've come to find out just how strong I am and how much I can handle. I've come to see who my friends are. My true friends. I've gotten closer to my cousin Tiffany. I've lost plenty of friends and it seems I'm still drifting from some of them. But I know that's part of life. It happens. I've gained some amazing friends too and another family. Who I don't know what I'd do without and I'd do anything for. I'm going to say this has been the hardest year of my life and I hope they don't get any harder. I know life isn't suppose to be easy. I knew that from the very beginning. I'm very thankful for what and who I have in my life. I appreciate people and things more. I cherish those around me and I soak those things up and have learn to make as many memories as possible.

Almost losing your life can scare you. And I know most of you are thinking well duh! But unless you had it happen you don't know what I'm talking about. My friend Aamber told me after what happened to me and then knowing about Charlie before she met him that day, she has come to appreciate things and life more. I hope she isn't the only one. I hope to one maybe touch others with what happened to me. And let them know what I've been through and show them here I am still standing smiling and I'm okay. Sometimes my family my mom in-particular and I know she is going to read this, treats me like I'm a fragile glass doll. I'm not. I'm strong always have been. I have my moments where I am weak and I break down, I know who I can call to pick me up. And I know who I can pray to also pick me up. My faith has never been stronger.

I believe this happened for a reason besides a medical reason. I lost my eye sight for a reason. I believe I'm slowly finding it out. I've been through what I have for a reason. Some things have shown to me and some are still hidden waiting for me to figure out. And maybe I won't ever know them. Maybe it's something my family will have to figure it out. Besides the whole fighting for my life and having to get use to my eye sight, I think losing Charlie and my uncle Robbie has been the hardest things this year. If you've been reading you know about Charlie and if you've been keeping up with my status' on facebook you know about my uncle passing around on the 23 of August. I do have something wrtten out for him but I'm reading it at his service so that will be posted after his service on Friday. I want them to hear it first. But I will tell you something ironic. It gave my aunt Sandra cold chills. The day we lay him to rest will be the day of my one year I had started my fight to live. I say my uncle planned it. I know he didn't. There was a lot of ironic things that I will have to tell you guys about after Friday but that was one I wanted to share.

Things are different now. And things will never be the same. I'm still the same Stephanie. Slightly different. I'm happier. I'm sadder. I'm stronger. And I love a lot more. A lot of people hope to one day change the world, well I'm one of those people. And I hope one day I can get my year out there and change someone's life. It only takes one person. I had one person change mine. Well technically 2 so now maybe I can tell their story since they are no longer with us and mine and that can change someone elses' life. I know I told Charlie at one point everybody has a story to tell and some are worth being written out and told. Anyways this may not be exactly what I wanted to write but my mind is going everywhere this morning. But this is my year to remember in a nut shell. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment